The Asian Ethnic Culture Specific Wellness Center is designed to help create access and linkage to treatment that improve timely engagement to behavioral health services for
clients and/or families from unserved and underserved Asian Ethnic Culture Specific Communities using strategies that are non-stigmatizing and nondiscriminatory. The goals for the Wellness Center is
to increase access to ethnic and culturally sensitive reflective, strengths-based prevention and early intervention behavioral health services, outreach, education, wellness groups and workshop, and
to reduce disparities utilizing a networking model among the various stakeholders, and to build trust between the community and service providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, recruit, and run wellness
center groups and workshops for behavioral health clients, their family members, and residents of the various Asian ethnic communities in Santa Clara County area.
- Ability to provide wellness center services
both in-person and via telehealth options.
- Provide community health education, wellness
and recovery groups, prevention strategies, culturally specific wellness activities and referrals to community mental health treatment facilities.
- Delivery of outreach and wellness education to
hard-to-reach segments of the unserved and underserved Asian communities.
- Active and continuous promotion of services
through various multilingual resource guides, newsletters, and social media platforms, etc., within the Asian ethnic communities and County behavioral health organizations
- Guide clients in the development of skills or
strategies for dealing with their challenges
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required
services that promote client's individual self-sufficiency and independence
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to
clients' treatment and services.
- Possess a current driver's license, safe driving record, and have
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as
- Ability to prepare and keep documentation of clinical records up to
- Assess clients’ needs and demonstrate ability to effectively
- Ability to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate
services to Asian ethnic specific communities.
- Bilingual proficiency in both English and one of the Asian
languages of the targeted ethnic communities.
- Minimum 2 years experience in providing mental health
- Minimum 2 years of college in human
- Bachelor or Master degrees preferred
If interested, please send resume &
cover letter to: