Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the mental health counselor will conduct assessments, provide psychoeducation and therapy to clients and their families and/or significant support persons who are involved in the life of the client, and provide consultation and coordination with other service partners and stakeholders to provide individualized services to clients. The counselor will provide community-based, intensive services, including individual and family therapy. Culturally competent and linguistically appropriate service delivery will be provided to a caseload of clients as needed and determined by the treatment team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide strength-based, trauma-informed, individualized driven and culturally and linguistically appropriate individual, group as well as rehabilitation counseling services to clients and their families.
• Establish medical necessity for specialty mental health treatment through ongoing engagement with the clients and their families.
• Provide targeted case management services such as: community outreach and engagement, education and employment services support, support with housing placement, help with obtaining benefits, referrals to community resources.
• Provide comprehensive assessments as well as periodic assessments in addition to clinical assessments to assess needs and strengths of the client as well as determining the capacity, willingness, and availability of resources for achieving safety, permanence, and well-being of the client.
• Provide rehabilitation mental health services to remove mental health barriers and to help the client acquire skills necessary for successful functioning in the home and community such as peer and family/or support persons support services, self-help, and family support groups.
• Provide assessment and intervention in response to client crisis, including necessary follow up and using appropriate consultation; provide coverage in emergency situations.
• Complete and maintain client’s charts and clinical documentation in accordance with State, County, and agency QA standards.
• Establish good and cohesive working relationships with other staff, community partners as well as other nonprofit community service providers emphasizing continuity of care from a community collaborative perspective.
• Ability to provide services both in-person and via telehealth.
• Participate in on-call situations on a rotation basis.
• Handle other job responsibilities as needed or as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or other related social sciences field.
• At least 2 years of providing comprehensive mental health services to Vietnamese/Asian specific ethnic communities.
• Bicultural/Bilingual in English and Vietnamese preferred.
If interested, please send resume & cover letter to:
We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and all contribution and financial support are tax-deductible.
Open Monday - Friday
8:30am to 5:30pm
For referrals, please call the
Santa Clara County
Mekong Community Center
2670 S White Rd #200
Tel: (408) 937-1553
Fax: (408) 516-0053
Follow our Social media